Tuesday, May 18, 2010

On the road again

I'm in Vienna, Austria. I can't quite believe it. In fact, in the airport in San Francisco last evening, talking to my brother, I told him I was going to Venice and then was confused by why he suggested I not take the gondolas as they were overpriced. Ah yes, spaciness is the first thing I pack. I find myself looking a bit like the dithering old lady, small wallet around her neck with important papers so I won't get lost or lose my passport or money or flight info. But there is such freedom in leaving home the should's. On the plane I get to be comfortable. I get to talk to whomever I wish or be silent. I get to read, sleep, watch a movie or meditate. Then I arrive and I get to see amazing sights. I get to learn stuff. The Hapsburg's ran Austria for 600 years. Sheesh. Oh this isn't very coherent which might be linked to the fact that I just arrived at my hotel after taking the red eye from SF to Munich and then another short flight to Vienna. But I just had to tell you, whoever is reading, the joy of this adventure, of getting on a plane and going somewhere I've never been, seeing things I've only read about and then having the luxury to settle in, settle down, rest down into myself in the excellent company of my teacher and fellow students and discover what will be revealed next.

I just had to say hello, the traveler part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment